Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Forgive yourself


I didn't wake up this morning and run. I just didn't feel well. The alarm went off and I stayed in bed. Pedar tried to help me. I will go this afternoon. Last week was great and I want it again! I'm doing better with eating healthier and exercising more. Last night I did a ton of sit-ups, push-ups and squats. I was in bed by 10:30 p.m. It's not normal for me to go to bed early. I don't fall asleep easily. I hope that when I get up early more, I will fall asleep easier.


I'm hoping that making small changes will yield big results. Here are a few of the changes I'm making for 2014:

1. No alcohol Monday thru Thursday.  I'm not a big drinker, but if I'm going to get up at 5ish and run or work-out at the gym, I need to get to a good nights sleep. I've found that drinking a glass of wine or two isn't helping. 

2. Be active every single day for at least 30-45 minutes. That means sweat. No leisurely walking. This means using weights, going for a run or riding my bike till I sweat!!

3. No red meat. I don't need it.

4. Eat A LOT more vegetables. If I go out to lunch, I will be ordering a salad. I bring my lunch to work most days--mainly because of our pay-off-debt program!

5. No dessert. Unless I went for a run or exercised for 45 minutes.

What are your goals? What is helping you stick to them??

1 comment:

  1. You got this. Back at it today. One day of rest is a good thing. Your body will thank you for it. Now get up and go lady!

    ReplyDelete