Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I think I can

I went to the gym last night. I had never been to the California Family Fitness by my house. I've been going to the one by work in Natomas. It was too dark when I got home and I didn't get up early enough yesterday morning--still working on that habit. According to my half marathon training, I needed to move my body for three miles. Not really calling what I am doing running yet. So, I picked up the kids, got them situated and when Pedar got home I left.
My big goal is the 13.1 run on March 16, but I want to be able to chase hot baseball players like this fun lady or save my children if needed. I need to be ready for ANYTHING. My goal is to be strong.
I need to bring a bit more enthusiasm to my training.  I am very slow. It took me close to 45 minutes to complete 3.1 miles  last night. But I did it! I could have just been doing what I normally do at home; tidy up, make lunches, start laundry, help the kids with stuff, yell at kids for not fighting, etc. etc. For just an hour, I gave my body some attention and I feel good about it!
 I got home from the gym by 7:15 p.m. and ate some dinner, made lunches and put the kids to bed. I put out my running clothes and work clothes last night. I was hoping that would be enough to get me moving. It didn't. No excuses, I just didn't get up this morning and go back to the gym. So, I have my clothes, I'll go tonight. I have another three miles waiting for me.
How do you morning people do it? Did I ever tell you about the time I asked my hypnotherapist (I was going because of a car accident. I was trying to get over my fear of large trucks!) to use the power of suggestion to help me become a morning person??? I did. She asked me, "Well, what time do you go to bed?" I said, "Oh, 11:30 or midnight." I still thought I should be able to wake up at 5 a.m. and get going. She just said, "If you want to wake up earlier, you've got to go to bed earlier." Hmmm...still working on that one.

1 comment:

  1. It's all about evening workouts! morning people are weird :)

    ReplyDelete