Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What are you grateful for?

Sometimes, when your kid has been sick with a wicked cough for over 10 days and you feel like the grey clouds are starting to follow you around, it is important to make a list of everything that is going right! So here I go. Hope you make your list today and I hope it cheers you up!

1. Pedar. Last night he texted me and said,"Why don't I pick up the kids and you go home and put your gym clothes and go for a run!" So I did and it felt great. Thankful for a helpful partner who is supportive of my goals.

2.  Coffee.

3. Health insurance. I took Erik to the doctor again yesterday morning because I was worried his cough wasn't getting better. She said he was OK. His cough is terrible in the morning and at night, it makes me so anxious. Just hearing that his lungs sounded OK, made me feel better.

4. Good health. I am grateful to be walking, talking, laughing, eating, working, breathing and LIVING.

5. Two working cars. Pedar dropped Casey off and went to work and I drove downtown for Erik's appointment and then back to Montessori and then back to work in Natomas. I did a lot of driving yesterday morning. I could have never made it to all my places in a timely way without a car. I rode light rail and took the bus to high school and I will always be grateful to own a car! It is a privilege that I will not take for granted.
 6. I'm grateful to read stories about artists like Andres Armador.
 He uses a rake to create works of art that can be bigger than 100,000 sq. ft. He spends hours creating intricate masterpieces, knowing that the tide will soon come in and wash away his work forever. He was asked why he does it if he knows it will be washed away, "Because its fun!" 

His artwork reminds me that everything is temporary. Things don't matter. They all go away, just like his artwork. What we share with others is what makes a difference. 

Andres website

 

No comments:

Post a Comment