Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Batter Up

Last night was Erik's first t-ball practice. Casey started a week ago. Erik is on the Cub's and Casey is playing for the A's. Casey has practice three times a week. Erik's coaches sound like they want to do the same until Opening Day on March 15. That's A LOT of practice. Thankfully, on Monday's, Erik and Casey practice at close to the same time within yards of one another so I can sorta, kinda watch both.
Erik and I arrived last night to practice at 4:45 p.m. Melanie thankfully had picked up Casey from school, gave him a snack and let him hang at her house until his practice at 4:30 p.m. Thank you, Mama Melanie!

I was helping Erik put his cleat's on and he started to cry. He felt really anxious for his first practice. His new cleats and hand-me-down glove were too big. We started walking towards his field and he lost it, crying and hiding in-between my legs. Pedar and I spent the first part of practice just sitting in the dugout watching his teammates catch, throw and hit off the T. Finally, every kid got a chance to hit and run all the bases. I offered to hit it with him and run with him. But he did it all. 


And finally, he was smiling. Huge sigh of relief. His coaches are so wonderful. They tried to engage him in practice several times. I think the next practice is going to go much better.
 I think the best part of practice for Erik, was climbing dirt mountain with his new friends! So awesome.
Casey had a great practice too. 


It's going to be a fun season. Three cheers to the chaos and fun that the next three months will bring!! Woot Woot!


No comments:

Post a Comment