Wednesday, February 5, 2014

We can do hard things


I have so many items running through my mind that there are moments I have to force myself to stop and breathe. I need to have a lot of conversations. Some of them harder than others.Why are some conversations scarier than others? We are worried about the fallout from them. What about the fallout from NOT having them. If I am not happy with the way things are at work or in my relationships, I have to have the HARD conversations. We can do hard things. We can hope for better. And only after the hard conversation, if change doesn't happen, than I will go to plan B or work on acceptance.

 
I want to share this Ted Talks with you. I love Ash Beckham's message. "There is no harder, there is just hard. We need to STOP ranking our hard against everyone else's hard to make us feel better or worse and just commiserate on the fact that we ALL have hard."


"I think we all have closets. Your closet may be telling someone that you love her for the first time, or telling someone you're pregnant, or telling someone you have cancer, or any of the other hard conversations we have throughout our lives. All a closet is, is a hard conversation. And although our topics may vary tremendously, the experience of being in, and coming out the closet, is universal. It is scary, and we hate it, and it needs to be done."

No comments:

Post a Comment