Monday, March 17, 2014

Lucky 13

Happy 13th Anniversary, my love! We have created a beautiful family and life together. I am so proud of us. I am so proud to be married to my beautiful, loving, generous and super hunky man. I look forward to every milestone because of you, Pedar. You have always felt like home to me. You have always given me your unconditional support and love. I don't how I got so lucky, but damn I'm grateful. Thank you for choosing me. I choose you for another 65 years!
Yesterday morning I ran the Shamrock'n Half marathon with my Cap City Moms and it was so awesome! It was my first half marathon. I am so grateful to Jill for inspiring me to run! I had so much support from friends and family these past eight weeks. It took a lot of work to get from not running at all to running 13 miles, but I did it, and I feel proud and grateful to my body that it can do hard things!
Carina, Jenna and Dagny were waiting to cheer me on around mile 9. Carina had a sign and everything. My first race sign!! Did I start to cry a little when I saw them? Oh yeah! But not from feeling tired, but more from feeling so loved!
I finished under three hours! That was my goal. I ran about 13 minute miles. I now have a new goal, run faster!
Pedar brought the boys to the finish line. Seeing them up in the stands brought me to tears again. I love that they saw me finish. Could I get any luckier?? Just look at them! We went out to dinner last night to celebrate our anniversary. We sat outside and told the boys about how Pedar proposed and how gorgeous our wedding day was. The weather 13 years ago was just like yesterday.

Carina, Jenna and Dagny helped me celebrate at the finish line. Man I love these ladies so much!
My cousin Jeff ran yesterday too! Mr. Speedy as I like to call him, did awesome! Well done, Jeff!!


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa! You inspired me with your daily runs.

      Delete
  2. I'm so stinkin proud of you. Like...my heart exploded just reading this. Love you sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete