Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Need to stop the WANT monster

I have a friend who recently told me that her husband calls her a "Sod type of woman!" Meaning, she doesn't have the patience to clear the soil, plant and fertilize the seeds and wait for the grass to grow. I would prefer to be a sod girl too, especially in my new yards and house, but that takes a lot of money. What we have is energy and vision. We have been in our house for seven months and there are so many projects I'd love to complete--but they will all take time and money. I have to make peace with this. I have to be patient. It is hard. I want to beautify. I want to organize. I want to clean. I want to work on the free stuff that I can accomplish but I need time off of work. I want a vacation. I want money in our savings. I want to dance. I want a date night.

Man, I sound like a two-year-old. 

Get over yourself, Nora. It will all get done when it does. Be grateful and find your damn happy place.
How do you stop the WANT monster? What is your secret??



1 comment: