Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pt. Reyes

Last night I attended the first 3rd grade parent planning meeting for the 3-night, 4-day camping trip to Pt. Reyes. The teachers told us how the kids will be sleeping in tents that Mission Avenue owns, 3-4 kids per tent. Before the trip the kids will be taught and tested on how to put the tent up. The kids will carry their stuff, help cook and clean dishes. They will dress themselves and help others. They will have a three full days of learning: tide pools, birds, landscape, ocean, etc. 

I could see by the looks on the faces of some of the parents that this trip is going to be a huge learning opportunity for both parent and child! I couldn't help but clap in glee!

I am so excited! This is it! This is the trip that we need. And guess what? My mom is going to watch Erik for us so Pedar can come too! I cannot wait for May 13 to be here!!! Thank you, Mom! You've made our day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment