Monday, March 31, 2014

Small changes in the garden


I went to the nursery this weekend. It was raining hard when I arrived. It was so great to see the parking lot full of people. Planting in the rain is the absolute best. The soil is soft so you don't have to work so hard. Our clay soil can be very difficult to dig a hole.

All baseball games were canceled on Saturday. It was such a nice day to have a fire and be cozy wozy!


It's hard to decide where to start in our yards. We have a lot of stuff we need to remove and trim! I decided to keep going in the front yard for now. This little area by the driveway has nothing planted and weeds are starting to take over. I bought some structure plants and some salvia- a sage plant. It smells wonderful.

We're going to order some bark and bender board to keep these flower beds clean and neat. So much of gardening is just cleaning and maintaining. 
Yesterday was Casey's last Holy Communion class. While we were at the class, Mor Mor took Erik shopping!! I am so grateful to her for buying Erik some clothes and shoes. My boys always seem to need pajamas, underwear, shoes and clothes-- I am so grateful for those kinds of gifts!!! Thank you, Mor Mor!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment