Thursday, April 10, 2014

Hurry Up!


Why are my children so slow to get ready and get out of the car and get to bed?  Do your children seem to get slower when you are in a hurry? It seems like I repeat myself constantly with the following phrases:


"Get out of the car!"

"Get dressed, put your shoes on!"

"Come on, we're leaving!"

Last night, I raced to Discovery Club to pick up Casey in time for his 5 p.m. baseball practice. When I arrived he and Jacob begged me to take Jacob with us to practice. I couldn't reach his Mom, so DC wouldn't let him go with me. I tried texting and calling for 10 minutes. We finally leave, get home and I tell Casey, "Hurry and get changed because we still need to get your brother and then go to practice!"

Five minutes later I am changed and snacks are packed. I look in on Casey and he is not changed. After yelling at him, he says, "Mom, you don't understand how long it takes to put my cup on!" You're right. I have no idea what it is like to get ready. Some fights I have to walk away from. We finally head out the door to get Erik.
We arrive at Montessori. Erik is swinging with this friends. He is in NO HURRY to leave. Casey starts yelling at him, he sounds just like me. Yuck. "Come on, Erik! I have practice, we have to go! Hurry up!" Wow, where was this action when I needed him to hurry back at home?  Finally, both boys are in the car. We are headed to practice. It is 5:15 p.m. We are late, but we are almost there. I am grateful to live close to both schools and Eastern Little League.

Practice was awesome. Casey is catching and throwing so much better. He may not be most competitive player, bu he listens to his coaches and he runs fast. Erik had a great time last night because practice was by a school playground, with a sandbox! Woot woot! I enjoyed the gorgeous weather. Pedar worked late to try and finish up some work. He brought home Chipotle for dinner. So awesome! It was a late night and a bit rushed--but it was a great night.

I have butterflies in my stomach because tomorrow night is Erin and Kelly's wedding and I just know I am going to cry because their love is so beautiful!!! The way they love one another and their children inspires me to be a better parent and partner. They take nothing for granted and I don't want to either. I am so excited!!!!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment