Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Nourish your soul

Because of the beautiful rain this week, I only had to rush to pick-up kids from Discovery Club and Montessori after work, and not rush to baseball games. I am grateful. Tonight we had Mission's Open House. I left work at 4 p.m. to get Casey a little early. I didn't get home till after 10 p.m. on Monday evening from a work event in Napa, so I didn't see the boys at all on Monday. So, today I got off work, got Casey at 4:30 p.m. His school had gotten out at 11:15 a.m. today because of Open House. So, he had been sitting in Discovery Club waiting for me, most of the day. Ugh. Tomorrow he will be out at 1:20 p.m., because it's Thursday. I can never escape the guilt. It is always there. Work has been crazier than normal. I have so much due and I need to hurry the heck up and get it done. It feels like everything is taking longer than normal to complete. Make it stop! I want to feel on top of it all, and most days, I am so far from feeling like that.
But tonight, on my way home to get Casey, I finally made a call to my friend Jen. I love calling her on my way home from work. It usually takes me about 30-40 minutes to get home and it's the perfect amount of time to chit chat and catch up with her. Man I miss her. I miss her laugh and her thoughtfulness. I miss her beautiful quietness and constant love and support. But, I don't want to bother you with my heart-hurts. Jen and I talked, and it was so good. She is SO good. My soul felt nourished and I felt reconnected with her. It was enough to turn my frown, upside down.
I picked up Casey and took him to get ice cream, because that's what you do when you feel like you need to soothe your heart for not being able to get your kid when he wants you to get him. Pedar and Erik met us at Baskin Robbins. And then I looked at my boys, licking their ice cream and I said, "You need haircuts!" So, I walked over to the nail salon and asked if they could cut their hair and they could! Casey doesn't like his cut, it is a little short, but Erik doesn't mind. It felt good to take care of a chore, while out having a little fun. I need to learn how to cut their hair!
Casey's beautiful rose drawing on display at Open House tonight.
Casey and Erik (with fresh haircuts) in front of Casey's worm science project!
Another terrific drawing and watercolor by Casey!

 Tonight I am grateful for love and friendship.






No comments:

Post a Comment