Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Awesome weekend!!

Friday night we went over to our friends Jason and Donelle's house. I bonded with Jason on the Pt. Reyes camping trip.  Donelle made us delicious fish tacos and we had a great time visiting and catching up. After dinner we jumped in our cars and headed to the 145 Club in Rio Linda for family Karaoke night!! They go all the time, but it was our first time and it was AWESOME!!!! We kept the kids out so late, but what a super fun experience. We will be going back very soon.
Casey, Erik and Pedar performed a few songs. We had such fun!
On Saturday, we had a few friends over to celebrate the end of Summer. We all have boys and they LOVED playing together.
Mor Mor took the boys on Sunday afternoon to the movies and for some fun. She bought them these adorable back-to-school outfits! Thank you, Mor Mor.
While the boys were with Mor Mor, Pedar and I went on a training ride for Bike Trek. We rode about 20 miles. It was gorgeous day. I feel a lot less worried about our ride in September.
My Mom brought back new clothes for the boys from their Great Aunt Karen! Thank you, Aunt Karen! I love all these clothes for the boys!! Perfect gifts for these kids who are out growing everything!! If anyone sees a pajama sale for kids, please let me know!!
Nana took the boys to Create Ceramics, right next door to Leatherby's on Arden Way. My childhood friend, Susie, opened this new place. It is awesome!! You have to go check it out!
Have to take a moment to thank my Mom and Dad for helping give the boys another awesome summer. They picked up the boys almost every single day at Discovery Club during the work week. They swam, made crafts and made beautiful memories with their grandparents. I am so grateful that they didn't have to spend all day at daycare. Thank you! Thank you!! I know my kids wish we were home more. Having two parents who work full time is not easy. The summer time guilt is especially ugly.
Guess what??!!! This little cutie will be on my lap in under two weeks!! YES!!! Margery and Rita are coming!! They are coming!!! This weekend we are rearranging Casey's room so he and Erik will share and cleaning Erik's room for Margery and Rita. I cannot wait to hear Rita's little voice say, "No! I not!" I hear that is her big thing she says lately. She is holding the blanket I got for her when Margery was expecting her. Rita's "anket" is REALLY well-loved. I may need to replace it for her. Oh my goodness, I am so excited. I have missed them so much. 

It has not been easy not being able to call or visit. All we want is to know that our dear ones are safe and healthy, yes?? I am grateful that Margery and Art have had a tremendous experience in Mexico. I know it will not be easy for Margery and Rita to leave Art behind for a few months while he finishes his project, but I will pray that the time flies and their reunion is crazy beautiful. 

Please say a prayer for Margery, Art and Rita, OK? They need a little extra good thoughts and wishes. Thank you!








No comments:

Post a Comment