Friday, August 29, 2014

For the sake of what?

I've been at a managers retreat in Tahoe. It has been an eye opening training and I feel like the management team has been given some new tools that will help us engage and align our teams so we can work cohesively on corporate goals. We have a long way to go, and we've been through a lot these past two years, but if we stay positive and prioritize, I believe we can get a lot done without feeling smothered by stress. This new norm of too much work and not enough resources is something we need to accept. Not everything is on fire. We need to support one another and work better together. We need to prioritize. We need to work smarter. 

My favorite part of the training was the questions Len Falter, our executive coach, asked us to ask ourselves. These questions were more for personal goals:

1. For the sake of what?
2. Why do you do the things you do? 
3. What is your legacy?
4. What is the story you want to leave behind?
5. What do you want to be known for?
6. What are you goals?
7. What is your 1,5,10,15,20,25--200 year goal??
8. Why do we make plans for work projects and not for our personal lives?
I make a lot of to-do/project/goal lists-- but I don't always write down how I am going to achieve these goals. Like the saying goes, fail to plan, plan to fail. I am inspired to sit down and make  a few personal goals and plan how I am going to fufill them. I am going to start reviewing my plans every week to see if I'm making any progress! 

Have you made your plan? What do you want? How are you going to make it happen?


No comments:

Post a Comment