Sunday, October 5, 2014

Urban Cow-Bob's 69th Birthday Surprise



Today I ran the Urban Cow Half Marathon with my cousins Bob, Lindsey, Jeff and Bob's children, Shawna and Kevin. Bob turns 69 on Friday, October 10 and he decided months ago that he was going to run 13.1 miles to celebrate. Several of us signed up to support him. 


I am so proud of Bob. Jeff stayed with him the entire run, giving him the beautiful support he needed.
Jeff is a true friend.
I shaved off five minutes from my Shamrockin time. I ran that in 2:55 and this in 2:50. I haven't run much since March--but I still had a good time and only have a few blisters to show for it--I consider that a success. And thanks to some Jolt, I was able to rearrange the boys rooms after the run today!! Woot Woot! Cleaning house for the WIN!
After the race we all gathered to celebrate Bob at William Land Park. Janet, Bob's awesome wife, got a food truck and cake and drinks. We all had a great time. Thank you, Janet for planning such a fun day!
Happy Birthday, Bob! We love you!
 

1 comment: