Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Day

My little superheroes!
We got up, opened presents and then Pedar and I made eight pans of cinnamon rolls! We used the Pioneer Woman's recipe. I've made them before and it was fun and easy, but best of all, they are so crazy good. I love that the recipe makes enough for eight pans!! We were able to give everyone a pan when they left our house last night and that was so FUN!!


Later in the day we had everyone over for Christmas dinner and fun. This was our family selfie before everyone arrived. It was nice having a quiet morning.We typically open presents Christmas morning and then run out the door, but we stayed home and got ready for the day and it was really nice. 
Erik and Lila sang Frozen songs to us after dinner! The adults had an ornament exchange game. It was fun! 
Chuck and I had a fun time playing with the bean bag toss game we got Liam and Lila. I played with Rita, Lila and Erik for most of the time before dinner.

At one point, I think there was five people in my galley kitchen, prepping and sharpening. It was a bit crazy. I admit, that I prefer it when people bring food over that is done, on a plate and ready to go, so we can visit and get out of the kitchen. I will have to enforce this rule for future holiday parties. I had a flow planned for dinner and it flew out the window. The green beans were raw and cold. The yummy onions never made it on the beans, and the salad dressing for the spinach salad was left in the fridge. I had planned to set up the food line and call everyone to dinner. I wanted us to sit down and say a prayer of thanks. I was hoping to take a picture of everyone at the table and maybe even get a group picture. Oh well, better luck next year. I need to buy another table and four chairs too. We're getting bigger!!
I am at work today. I bet Erik is still playing with the trucks he got. I love that his favorite toys this year did not have batteries. He played with his trucks for HOURS yesterday.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment