Thursday, January 8, 2015

How do we get better?

I remember when I brought home Casey and I kept saying things like, "No one told me the horrible parts about being a new Mom." When I think about some of the hardest times in my life, I wonder if someone could have said something that would have truly helped. What did I need to hear?  What did I need to know so I could feel better?

I think for the most part, we all want to hear that it gets better. But I think the truer statement may be that WE get better with our "IT".

Maybe the IT is moving on after losing a loved one, or dealing with an ongoing illness, pain or fear. Our IT may never go away, but we can get better about dealing/living/ with our IT. What other choice do we have? We GET to be here. We get to keep getting up and trying again. We GET to love. We GET to BE HERE. And that needs to be celebrated.


No comments:

Post a Comment