Friday, January 9, 2015

Melanie!! Happy Birthday!!!


Wednesday, January 7 was my Melanie's birthday and it passed without me singing, hugging or any type of celebrating for my dear friend. I am sorry sweet Melanie. This brain fart is not a reflection on our friendship. I adore Melanie!!

We got to see her on Sunday and I was so out of it that I didn't bring her a cake. We have plans to party later this month and I cannot wait. Melanie is in the Sheriff's academy and she is on this crazy hamster wheel to get it all done and graduate on May 29. Since late July, Melanie goes to work in the day, then to the Academy at night. She only has Sunday's off. She has a ton of tests she is preparing for and needs every free moment to focus. She is racing around to make her future brighter and I am so proud of her!
We have been fortunate to be able to help Melanie a bit this year by watching Jake overnight during the school week a few nights. We have loved Jacob since he was 15-months-old. He will be ten-years-old in less than two months, gulp!

I have watched Melanie ride some crazy waves these last seven year and a half years, but she has come out stronger and more determined. She inspires me to keep getting up and moving towards a better tomorrow. We love you, lady! Keep up the great work. We can't wait to celebrate you at your graduation!!!

Last years post or a few years back to celebrate Melanie!

No comments:

Post a Comment