Friday, January 2, 2015

Mise en Place; Everything in its Place

I recently read this great article about Mise en Place by Oliver Burkeman. Mise en place means "putting in place."

The article spoke to me because it was about being focused and meticulous. Making a plan isn't enough. Making a plan in the meticulous, focused spirit of mise en place makes the difference. 


We all have limited resources, whether it be money, time, or energy. Bring mindful about what we are doing and how we are doing it can help us be more efficient. And being more efficient means enjoying LIFE and all that is has to offer MORE! 
This year I want to work smarter, not harder. I want to do the things that NEED to be done. I want to be systematic and calculated. I want to deepen my concentration and mindfulness.



No comments:

Post a Comment