Saturday, April 11, 2015

Goodbyes are hard

This Thursday was my last day as the Marketing Communications Manager at Western Health Advantage. I was at WHA for almost four years. During my time, I hired two very talented marketing professionals who will no doubt continue to make magic happen. It was very hard to tell my team goodbye. I am going to miss them terribly.
These ladies are the absolute best. Together we completed a ton of work and still had fun!
I will be cheering WHA on from Shriners Hospital for Children-Northern California. I accepted a new Marketing position and am looking forward to helping Shriners create their Marketing department.
Goodness, when I think back on all the crazy moments at WHA, I get teary. I will miss so many talented and caring people.
When you work full-time, your co-workers become family. Mark is the brother I never had. I can't believe he won't lay across my desk anymore or tell me I look terrible at 3 p.m. I will miss him saying, "Great story!" We've been through a lot in just four years. We've supported one another during hard and good times.
These wonderful people took me out to lunch on Thursday and wished me well. I told them I would be singing and dancing for them at Shriners. I pray that WHA is crazy successful. I want all these wonderful people to be filled with as much joy as possible. It is what I want for everyone.

This is Jill. Jill is one of my biggest champions and I will miss her face so much. But she is a soul sister and will not let me go, so I can take a deep breath and feel OK.

This is Elena and her son Jordan. I hired her in September of 2011. Jordan was four months old. He will be four-years-old next month. So much happened these past four years at work and personally for both of us. Elena is like the little sister I never had. We supported one another through life's ups and downs, and I couldn't be more proud of her. She is so smart and so beautiful. She is the best Mom, daughter, sister and friend. I didn't want to leave her most of all. She told me that she learned a lot from me, but I was the lucky one. I learned so much from Elena. She said we weren't saying goodbye to one another, so we didn't. I still needed a good cry on my way home.

So, that is my goodbye story. I'm excited to start a new journey with Shriners, but my heart is a bit broken to leave my WHA family. I am grateful to have loved and be loved by so many wonderful people. Change is hard. It can be scary and stressful. But it is also exciting and will hopefully force me to grow personally and professionally.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, Nora, you write a powerful goodbye story! You are right on about change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for always making me feel loved and supported!

      Delete