Tuesday, April 28, 2015

I love you, MORE

Lately, when I tell Erik that I love him, he tells me that he loves me more. It warms me to my toes when he says this and makes me tear up all at the same time. I want to tell him, "That's not possible, little buddy!" But that wouldn't be a grateful response, so I just say, "Thank you!" 

I think we need to love one another more. When we find ourselves holding back, and making a mental list of what we've done and what they've done, we just need to delete that damn list and LOVE MORE.

When we're angry at someone, but we want to repair the relationship, we need to LOVE more.

When we don't understand why someone or an entire group of people is so angry, we need to LOVE MORE.

When our friends are scared and hurting, we need to not shy away from them because we don't know what to do, we need to LOVE more.
If I haven't had the chance to tell you how much I love you lately, I apologize. I love you. I'm cheering for you. I'm hoping you catch yourself smiling today for no reason. I wish I could sit across from you and hear what is going on inside your beautiful brain. Turn the music up in your car and rock out and pretend I'm beside you whipping my head around, OK? Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. I love you and miss you. I can't wait to see you in a couple days. I'm holding your friends in my heart and praying for them.

    So much love to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are on countdown to our hug off!!!!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete