Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Lapping everyone on the couch!


Last night after work we went on a family run! Pedar and I ran, Casey scooted and Erik road his bike. I am trying to prepare for Eppies Great Race on July 18. I signed up to do the entire darn thing, something about turning 40 and wanting to try it ALL BY MYSELF. So, being me, I of course started preparing for the race last week, because I am super smart like that.
Anyhoo, I'm going to do it, and most likely make more 70-year-old friends while I run/bike/kayak. Yes, I am insinuating that I am slow, and I run and bike about the same speed as someone 30 years older than me. But that is OK. I am lapping everyone on the couch! I had a fun time kayaking this weekend and I've done the run and bike leg of Eppie's so I feel prepared. Now I just need to hope for kind weather on July 18. It is usually really hot, which kind of sucks all reserved energy right on out of you.
Casey and Erik are at Vacation Bible School at St. John's Lutheran Church this week. They are making new friends and having a good time. We are grateful to Mor Mor and Pops for being able to pick them up in the afternoon and hang out with them till we get off of work! Thank you!!








No comments:

Post a Comment