Thursday, September 3, 2015

Show that you care

Our kids have been back in school almost a month now, so I just want to take a moment to give a virtual high five to all the teachers. 


The other day I read an article that asked readers to share who their favorite teacher was and why. About 90% of the folks that responded said something along the lines of, "Mr. Jones was my favorite teacher because I felt like he truly cared about me."

One of my most favorite teachers was Mrs. Zachariades. She was my fourth grade teacher. 

The summer before fourth grade, my family moved to Union City. I enjoyed living next to all my Aunts and Uncles, cousins and Grandfather. I loved my new school, especially Mrs. Zach. I made friends easily and I did very well in her class. She made what could have been a difficult year, a really fun and easy one, because she pushed me to do my best and I wanted to work hard because I loved her and I felt like she loved me. That was as simple as it was. I didn't have that connection with every teacher, but I am so grateful that I experienced it with her.

At the end of fourth grade, we had to move back to Sacramento because our house never sold. I went back to my old neighborhood and elementary school and picked up where I left off, but I never forgot Mrs. Zach.


This showing you care thing spills over to every aspect of our lives, doesn't it? When someone takes a positive interest in who you are, it feels good, doesn't it? Let's give one another more of that. It may be the best thing we can give.

I care about you. 
I believe in you. 
I am cheering for you.
I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment