Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Thank you for trusting me with this


Next time someone shares something with me that maybe I don't agree with or it makes me angry or concerned, I am going to take a moment and then say, "Thank you for trusting me with this."

What a gift it is to be trusted.

Every time someone shares something, they are trusting you. 


This one will be hard with the kids because I just want to jump in with advice. Sometimes I don't like what they are telling me about a choice they made. But I want them to keep sharing their stories with me, so I need to shut up and say, "Thank you for trusting me with this." 

I'm going to try and talk less and just be there. 

Just be. 
Just love. 
Just listen. 

I can ASK if they want my help. I don't have to jump in and help or offer advice. If they ask for help, I'll give it. If they don't, I'll just keep listening and loving and being there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment